1.28.2006

Quick Aside

I was going to write this little glib thing about iPods and snow (Oh, there’s a connection. Don’t think there’s not), but then I was checking my email and there were, like, eighteen comment postings to the site. I very nearly deleted them without reading, figuring, they would be eighteen “I read your blog and thought it was cool. Check out mine at blah blah blah” or “Watch me pee for just 2.95 a month. Find out how at blah blah blah” notes. But I read them, and they were all from someone who’d read the entire site, from birth to current. Wow. Of course, that meant I had to go back and read the whole thing to understand the comments, but that was okay. I got to find a few typos (typos are like ants in a field. You don’t see them until you notice one, suddenly you realize they’re everywhere), pat myself on the back occasionally (Oh, Byron! Bon mot, you incorrigible wag, you!), and laugh at my own jokes (which bears a striking sensory and emotional equivalence to masturbation – the self-love, the fleeting guilt, the fun, the glancing around to make sure no one saw).

In any case, I really was impressed and flattered that someone read the whole thing through, leaving such interesting and thoughtful comments (and no, I’m not saying that because they were largely positive comments, or as a disparaging remark toward other comments, this was just in a big batch, and they seemed quite learned). This person seemed very sincere and intelligent. You seemed to want me to take note that you had spent substantial time reading and reacting to my entries – well I very much did. Thanks. Some of your comments were really intriguing and witty as well.

So, I hope this person keeps reading, only you need a moniker – a name. Also, I'm going through and responding to your comments, so...you know...there you go.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really? Does one really have a "fleeting guilt" when masterbating, or after the fact?

Oh, how interesting, I would like to know who has that much time on their hands to make a blog about themselves peeing, and charge people! But I doubt there are any... at least, I hope there isn't any.

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh suuuure it wasn't meant disparagingly towards other comments! My comments feel highly offended!

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home