3.04.2006

Like a dog to his own vomit...

...So returneth the fool to his folly. Okay. Fine. Whatever. The thing is some students of mine have started using the blog for petty snipes and grievances again. Unfortunate. That I didn't know it would happen, I mean. That's why I stopped the first time. I enjoy adolescent mud-slinging as much as the next guy, but it really takes away from any...what's the word I'm looking for...fun, joy, positive association with the experience. I really enjoy these, though. Writing is like breathing clean air after being in the city too long for me (not that you'd know it from that clumsy simile), and blogs are a great venue for raw writing.

I'll probably just make a new site under a different name. Drag, though, because, A-I've got some posts I really like on this one and B-I think The Once Wide World is a cool name. Although, it is likely going to still be the title of the radio show that will be starting up in a couple months as a sort of "spin-off" to the site. And we all know how great spin-offs are! Yeah? Yeah? After-MASH? Enos? Joanie Loves Chachie?

So, anyway, thanks to those of you who've read and left comments and so forth.

-Byron

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

People are stupid...you're right though some of the comments are really off!

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't quit blogging!! I've really enjoyed your posts, and I always look forward to the next.

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and how will we find you byron? perhaps you will leave a trail of witty clues or snippets to the new location?

what an unfortunate thing. (why do people do this? how do they find the time to satisfy such a base desire. hard to say. hard to say.)

...and while i would said writing was something more like, the light that hits that ceiling and brings the stipple into sharp contrast, or a much needed dose of verbal ginger... oh well, those are awful too... but regardless. keep writing.

4:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and there will always be more comments and better titles out there...

4:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, bummer. :( I always enjoy reading your posts!

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would leave a fantastically witty comment about how amazing all your blogs are and how they all make me laugh out loud and so on but I wouldn't want to show you up by being so clever. So instead I will tell you that, even though you're not updating your blogs or anything, this site will always remain on my favorites.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad, really. I would love to keep up with your blogs - sadly, that's difficult when I don't know where to look.

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come back, come back!!!! PLEASE!!!!

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this is sad. I enjoy reading your blogs, they make me laugh. But, do what you got to do.

P.S.-What mudslinging??

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home